Category Archives: Quote
Women are very wonderful and have great role to play in global betterment.
Dr. Maya Angelou is one of the sheroes the world is blessed with and
we celebrate the time she spent with us here on earth and pray she
enjoys eternal bliss in the bossom of the Lord.
We gladly present to you her beautiful and ageless wisdom, and beg you
take time to think on them and apply them in your life and living.
1. I will not be ashamed. I will not be misused, not willingly. But I
will be of use, anybody who is not of use is useless.
2. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and so
with passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
3. Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
4. When you learn, teach. When you get, give.
5. The desire to reach the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach
hearts is wise.
6. Courage is the most important of all virtues because without
courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.
7. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
8. I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me, ‘I love
you.’ There is an African saying which: Be careful when a naked person
offers you shirt.
9. A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek
Him just to find her.
10. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s life.
11. Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God.
12. The love of a family, the love of the person can heal. It heals
the scars left by a larger society. A massive, larger society.
13. Nothing will work unless you do.
14. When we decide to be happy, we accept the responsibility to bring
happiness to someone else.
15. It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive.
16. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will
forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them
17. You can only become truly accomplished at something you love.
Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing
and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.
18. My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but
understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school,
were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.
19. The idea of overcoming is always fascinating to me, because few of
us realize how much energy we have expended just to be here today.
20. Dignity really means that I deserve the best treatment I can
receive, that I have the responsibility to give the best treatment to
21. Have enough courage to love.
Dr. Maya Angelou during her lifetime on earth was a dancer, activist,
penpro, poet, poet laureate, playwright, actress, film producer,
professor, author and a woman of substance