Today, we bring to you a beautiful chat with a great soul, lively poet and honorable personality. Below is the inspiring interview we had with James Gordon – one of the world’s great poetic geniuses.
• Please introduce yourself to us Sir?
My name is James Gordon bka G.P.A.(Greatest Poet Alive). I am a composition of author, performer, host, actor, and storyteller.
• What kind of a teacher are you?
I am lead by example teacher. If anyone is watching me, they will see that nothing beats hard work and an unrelenting will to succeed.
• What inspires you to write?
I am inspired by real life everyday and beautiful women.
• How many books have you written till date, and what are the titles and genres?
The Confessional Heart of a Man, The Book of 24 Orgasms, The Mind of a Poetic Unsub, Revenge of the Orgasm and the Soaking Wet Edition, and Hi, My Name is Bobo. They are all Poetry, but as you can see, some are sensual.
• Where can one get your books and other works?
http://www.iblowyourmind.net, Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Google Play, and the Chicago Public Library.
• As a poet, what are the three selling points that distinguish you from other poets?
I have a penchant for telling vivid stories in my poems, give you something different every time I write or perform, and have an unmatched passion for what I do. Oh, the voice gets them every time.
• In your poetic masterpieces, what do you communicate to the people and what do you want to achieve through your works?
My pen paints poetry that is cinematic. My goal is to take them on a journey and have them be changed once the journey is over.
• Recently, the world lost a great female poet and woman of substance named Dr. Maya Angelou. What is your view about Maya and her works?
Dr. Angelou was an institution. She was proof that Poetry has no conventional means of conveyance whether writing or reciting. People look at her crossing to the other side as a loss. This is incorrect. Dr. Angelou inspired many of us to write so that when a moment like this arrived, we could step up.
• Do you agree that with our writing, we can right our world?
All we have to do is touch one or a few people to do that. Yes, I agree.
• Briefly educate us about GPA? G.P.A. is perhaps conglomerate of multifaceted talented that the modern day era has encountered.
• How will you describe your family? Couldn’t be without them.. Irreplaceable
• Are there people you are grateful to on your success journey so far?
There are too many to name. They are #teamGPA, which is God, family, supporters, and poets.
• Sir, you are among the nominees for the 2014 National Poetry Awards. If you win the award as the Poet of the year, what will you do with it?
When I win the Poet of the Year award, I will represent by continuing to write and perform at a superlative level. Also, I will continue to exemplify all aspects of a aggressive gentleman.
• Where do you see yourself in the next 3 – 5 years from now?
I will have taken Bobo into his college years and beyond and starred in several major motion pictures.
• What next are we to expect from you?
Summer with Bobo is up next, and I have several storytelling performances on the horizon. Plus, I will have more guests on my talk show, G.P.A. TALKS Everything.
• Please, what is your advice for upcoming writers and poets?
Write consistently, form your own style, read as many books as you cam, most importantly, experience life as much as possible.
• Any words for your fans and supporters?
Thank you, and stick with me. Together, we are going to get even better.
Dear readers, kindly follow this link http://www.thenationalpoetryawards.com/#!nominations/galleryPage and vote for James Gordon for the Poet of the Year at the 2014 Natioanl Poetry Awards. He is a great poet, teacher and multi-talented artist.